Usernames and passwords are the entry key to your online accounts. You should look after them just like the keys to your house or your car.
- Keep them to yourself and don’t give them to other people
- We recommend that you make your passwords strong and secure with at least 8 characters - the longer the better. Use upper and lowercase characters with a few numbers and symbols thrown in for good measure
- Use a different password for each and every site. That way, if the password for one of your accounts is compromised, your other account won’t also be compromised
- Change your password regularly
- You can use a password manager to help generate strong passwords and keep track of them