Who we are and what is the purpose of this Collection Statement?
The purpose of this Collection Notice is to explain how Endeavour Group Limited ABN 77 159 767 843 trading as Dan Murphy’s (Dan Murphy’s, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects, uses, stores and discloses the personal information of My Dan’s members (“My Dan’s Member’s”, “you” or “your”) and other Dan Murphy’s customers (“Guest Account Customers”, “you” or “your”).
How to contact us?
If you have any questions or concerns about how we collect, use or disclose your personal information, you can contact us as follows:
- Call our Customer Contact Centre on 1300 72 33 88 (Monday to Friday: 9am - 7pm AEDT, Saturday: 9am - 6pm AEDT and Sunday: 10am - 5pm AEDT, excluding public holidays)
- Email the Privacy Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write the Privacy Officer at Endeavour Group Limited, Level 2, 26 Waterloo St, Surry Hills NSW 2010
Who do we collect personal information from?
Dan Murphy’s collects personal information from My Dan’s Members and Guest Account Customers. Personal information collected from My Dan’s Members and Guest Account Customers includes your name, address, email address, date of birth, vehicle plate number (if required), and payment details.
What are the purposes of collecting your personal information?
The primary purpose of collecting personal information from My Dan’s Members and Guest Account Customers is:
- to perform administrative functions;
- to communicate with you about your purchases (including via surveys and product reviews which may be published on through our website or mobile applications);
- to seek customer feedback from you (including via surveys and product reviews) and to publish feedback provided;
- for business improvement purposes;
- to keep our records accurate and up-to-date;
- to respond to your enquiries and complaints; and
- and to comply with our legal obligations.
Covid-19 specific purposes
Furthermore, Dan Murphy’s may collect your personal information when you scan the QR code in one of our stores. This will assist with COVID-19 contact tracing or to communicate with you in the event of a COVID-19 positive case in the store.
My Dan’s Members specific purposes
Dan Murphy’s collects further personal information from My Dan’s Members for marketing, promotion, research and analytical purposes. For further information on your rights to opt in or opt out of marketing communications, please read question 11 of the My Dan’s Terms and Conditions.
Dan Murphy’s anonymises or aggregates the personal information that we collect for the purpose of carrying out customer analytics. This helps us to understand our My Dan’s Members' preferences, interests, shopping patterns and behaviours so that we can improve and better administer the My Dan’s program, and more effectively personalise the experience of our members in promoting our goods and services.
When does Dan Murphy’s collect personal information?
Dan Murphy’s generally collects personal information from My Dan’s Members and Guest Account Customers when you shop with Dan Murphy’s in-store and online. This includes information about your transaction and browsing history (such as items purchased, the price of those items, the date of purchase, and the location of the store).
My Dan’s Members specific collection
Dan Murphy’s also collects personal information from My Dan’s Members in the following circumstances:
- When registering for or administering a My Dan’s Membership and whether you have taken up any of any My Dan’s Benefits, offers or rewards. This may include any previous transactions and browsing history prior to joining as a My Dan’s Member.
- When the My Dan’s Member scans the My Dan’s card at Dan Murphy’s stores, or makes a purchase online at danmurphys.com.au or through the Dan Murphy’s app where you have previously saved your My Dan’s account details.
- When your payment card (whether a physical card or digitally via Apple Wallet or Google Pay) is matched to your My Dan’s account. This includes your transaction history prior to the date of this Collection Notice.
Please note that Dan Murphy’s systems render payment card numbers, Apple Wallet and Google Pay details unreadable (through the use of cryptographic hashing or encryption algorithm) and replace them with a token number, which protects such details from unauthorised access or disclosure. Linking this token number with your account enables us to collect your transaction histories even when you do not scan your My Dan’s card at the point of sale. In a similar way, we also collect your transaction history from purchases made at our related businesses using the payment card, Apple Wallet or Google Pay associated with your My Dan’s account. This means that, for example, if you buy products at a Woolworths supermarket, we can link this information to you as a My Dan’s Member. This includes your transaction history prior to the date of this Collection Notice. Collecting this information enables Dan Murphy’s to continue to provide My Dan’s Members with personalised and more engaging and relevant My Dan’s Benefits than they would otherwise receive.
Registering and using Apple Wallet or Google Pay
If you register and use your My Dan’s card in Apple Wallet or Google Pay, Dan Murphy’s:
- will collect personal information such as your name, address, contact details, demographic information, and information relating to your mobile device (including your device type and model, and operating system).
- may also collect feedback about your use of Apple Wallet and Google Pay to help us better understand and improve the experience for our My Dan’s Members.
We will send service and marketing-related notifications to your device. You can opt out from allowing Endeavour to send you push notifications by adjusting the permissions in your device settings. Please note that these notification settings are for your device only and are independent of, and separate to, the marketing and communication settings in your My Dan’s account.
You should further read:
Does Dan Murphy’s collect personal information from others?
Dan Murphy’s collects personal information about My Dan’s Members from other persons or entities, including our related businesses (such as Woolworths, BWS, Cellarmasters, ALH and Langton’s). For example:
- Dan Murphy’s collects personal information for marketing purposes from other suppliers of goods or services who have an existing relationship with My Dan’s Members. Such entities include our strategic partners, and suppliers of publicly available information and digital services used by My Dan’s Members (including social media platforms); and
- When My Dan’s Members make a purchase from a related business using a payment card associated with your My Dan’s Membership, Dan Murphy’s collect personal information including your transaction history at those related businesses.
For purposes other than marketing, we collect personal information from persons and entities that assist or partner with us in supplying our goods and services to My Dan’s Members, administering and improving the My Dan’s program and conducting our business generally. These entities include insurers, providers of publicly available sources of information, delivery service companies, possible business sellers and buyers, third party data providers and our related bodies corporate (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)).
At times, we combine different sets of data to add to the personal information we hold. An example of this is a history of a member's transactions from use of the same payment card for purchases at Dan Murphy’s and our related businesses.
Does Dan Murphy’s collect personal information under law or order?
Dan Murphy’s does collect personal information of My Dan’s Members and Guest Account Customers under various laws. These include taxation laws, corporations law (for example relating to our shareholders), anti-money laundering laws and privacy laws. We may also collect personal information about My Dan’s Members if we are required or authorised to do so by a court/tribunal order.
What happens if Dan Murphy’s is unable to collect your personal information?
If My Dan’s Members or Guest Account Customers do not provide us with the required personal information, it may be impossible to become a My Dan’s Member or to purchase products or services from Dan Murphy’s.
If My Dan’s Members do not permit us to collect the personal information needed by us (such as their email address) we may not be able to provide you with personalised My Dan’s offers. For further information, please read the My Dan’s Terms and Conditions.
How does Dan Murphy’s disclose personal information of My Dan’s Members and/or Guest Account Members?
Disclosure to others
We disclose the personal information we collect about My Dan’s Members to other persons and entities.
For example, we disclose personal information to:
- our service providers (including to our information technology and marketing service providers) to assist us in carrying out our functions and activities (including Google or Apple if you have registered and use your My Dan’s card in Apple Wallet or Google Pay);
- entities affiliated with the My Dan’s program, which assist and support us in bringing you My Dan’s Benefits and other offers;
- to our related bodies corporate (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)); or
- to regulators or courts for compliance with the law or otherwise as legally appropriate.
Dan Murphy’s may share your personal information with Departments of Health or their nominated contact tracing agencies if requested to provide information for COVID-19 contact tracing. You may be contacted by one of these parties using the information that you have provided to Dan Murphy’s.
Can Dan Murphy’s change its Collection Notice?
We may change the terms of our Collection Notices from time to time. A copy of the revised Collection Notices will be available on the danmurphys.com.au or can be obtained by calling the Customer Care Team.
Last updated: 30 September 2020