The My Dan’s program is the customer loyalty program of Woolworths Group Limited trading as Dan Murphy’s (Dan Murphy’s, us, or our).
By registering as a My Dan’s member (My Dan’s Member), scanning your (temporary or permanent) My Dan’s card in store or shopping online at www.danmurphys.com.au or via our app (Online) after adding your My Dan’s card to your account, or using or attempting to earn, access or use any Member Benefits, you agree that these Terms and Conditions will apply to you.
Important contact details
The My Dan’s website: www.mydans.com.au
The My Dan’s Contact Centre: 1300 723 388
1. Who can become a My Dan’s Member?
Any individual aged 18 years or over who lives in Australia can become a My Dan’s Member. We may require proof of age to verify your age.
2. How do I become a My Dan’s Member and does it cost anything?
You can become a My Dan’s Member by either:
- filling out the Online registration form;
- picking up a temporary My Dan’s card from any Dan Murphy’s store; or
- calling the Dan Murphy’s contact centre on 1300 723 388.
It is free to join My Dan’s. Participation in some Member Benefits may require payment of a fee in addition to the price for any goods you purchase (for example: a fee for attendance at a My Dan's member-only event). If there is a participation fee, we will make it clear as part of our promotion of the relevant Member Benefit.
3. Can I register a My Dan’s membership for another person?
We like sharing too, but My Dan’s is all about your personal tastes and interests and your My Dan’s membership is personal to you. Please ask your friends and family to join My Dan’s if they also would like to receive their own personalised Member Benefits.
4. What are Member Benefits?
Member Benefits are personalised offers which are exclusive to the registered My Dan’s member.
As Member Benefits change frequently please keep an eye out for your personal My Dan’s communications which will feature the latest Member Benefits. Alternatively, please visit danmurphys.com.au or any of our Dan Murphy’s stores to see the latest Member Benefits.
Member Benefits may include exclusive product discounts, promotions or offers, competitions, events and other exclusive offers from selected third party businesses. Please note that some Member Benefits may be subject to further specific terms and conditions that we may communicate to you from time to time.
5. What are My Dan’s Membership Facilities?
As part of providing you with Member Benefits, we may make My Dan's membership facilities available to you to facilitate your access to Member Benefits (Membership Facilities). Membership Facilities include plastic or paper membership cards and App. Please keep Membership Facilities issued to you safe and secure, because if they are lost, stolen or damaged, we may not be able to replace them and you cannot redeem the relevant Member Benefit.
Membership Facilities remain the property of Dan Murphy’s and any tampering with or defacing of them will render those items invalid.
6. What exclusions apply to Member Benefits?
Member Benefits must not be used for commercial and not-for-profit association purposes. As Member Benefits are personal to you, they cannot be transferred to any other person.
For each Member Benefit, we may specify individual exclusions and preconditions (including qualifying spend and duration). These will be clearly indicated at the time of your purchase with us.
You cannot qualify for Member Benefits on delivery charges, or when withdrawing cash or purchasing gift cards, smoking/tobacco products or accessories. Member Benefits can also not be exchanged for cash or a store credit.
7. How do I qualify for Member Benefits?
When completing a purchase in-stores at Dan Murphy’s, please scan your My Dan’s card at the checkout.
When completing a purchase Online, please ensure that you have signed in to your Online account before completing the purchase.
8. What do I do when my My Dan’s card is lost, stolen or damaged?
If your My Dan’s card's been damaged, lost or stolen, don't worry! Simply click on the 'Need A New Card?' section in your Online account and follow the prompts. We'll deliver your new card in no time. Alternatively, please call our Contact Centre on 1300 723 388.
Please note there is a maximum of 3 My Dan’s cards for each My Dan’s Member per year.
9. How do I cancel my My Dan’s membership?
If you would like to cancel your My Dan’s membership, please give our Customer Service Team a call on 1300 72 33 88. Please note that you will no longer be entitled to Member Benefits after you have cancelled your My Dan’s membership.
On cancellation of your My Dan’s membership, we may continue to retain your membership information for record-keeping purposes and, in de-identified form, for our general data analysis purposes and we may allocate, to another customer, any membership identifier (including number) previously allocated to you.
10. How does Dan Murphy’s collect, use and disclose my personal information?
11. What are my rights to opt in or opt out of marketing communications?
You agree that Dan Murphy’s may send you direct marketing communications and tailored advertising via various channels and media (including by email, SMS, phone, mail, or via ads on social media) where you have not opted out (as described below) from receiving such communications and advertising via those channels or media. Your agreement will be deemed to be effective until such time as you opt out of receiving direct marketing or tailored advertising via the relevant channel or media.
You may opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications (including opting-out of receiving such communications through certain media, or opting-out of receiving direct marketing communications via certain channels) by modifying your communication preferences on your Online account. In the case of certain electronic direct marketing communications (including email or SMS), you may also use the opt-out/unsubscribe facility we provide in that communication. You can also opt out by calling our Contact Centre.
To opt out of receiving tailored advertising, you can go to your Online account here.
You can also opt out of receiving tailored advertising on the social media sites you use by changing your account settings for the relevant site. Please note that opting out of tailored advertising is device-specific. You will need to opt out of receiving tailored advertising for each device used to access online content.
You can also block or disable cookies by adjusting the privacy settings in your web browser. If you adjust your settings to disable session and certain persistent cookies, you may find that the websites you visit have only limited functionality.
If you have any questions about how to opt-out or unsubscribe please call our Contact Centre.
If you wish to opt out of receiving service based communications, this will cause your My Dan’s membership to be terminated.
12. What are my responsibilities in relation to the My Dan’s membership?
Please keep your personal details updated by amending your My Dan’s account or calling our Contact Centre. If you don’t keep your personal details up to date, we may not be able to provide you with your Member Benefits, and we may need to cancel your My Dan’s membership.
It is your responsibility to keep your My Dan’s card safe and secure. Please treat your My Dan’s account password as your confidential information. You must take all reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised use or access to your My Dan’s card, your My Dan’s account and information about your My Dan’s membership, including your account password. This includes that you must not use a password for your My Dan’s account which you have used for any other of your other online accounts. You acknowledge that unauthorised access to your My Dan’s card, account and personal information may occur if you do not take these steps.
Any tax, liability, or duty incurred by you arising from your participation in the My Dan’s program is your responsibility.
13. Can Dan Murphy’s change or terminate these Terms and Conditions?
Yes. Dan Murphy’s may change, suspend or terminate these Terms and Conditions or My Dan’s program at any time.
Dan Murphy’s will give advance notice of any such change, suspension or termination on our website (or you can obtain details by calling our Contact Centre), which will allow you time to cancel your membership within the period of that advance notice, in the event that you do not wish to agree to the relevant change or suspension.
Where we change the Terms and Conditions, a copy of the revised Terms and Conditions will be available on our website or can be obtained by calling our Contact Centre.
If you continue to use your My Dan’s card or seek to access or use any Member Benefits after the period of advance notice has expired, you will be deemed to have accepted the amended Terms and Conditions.
14. What restrictions apply to the My Dan’s membership?
Please refer to the answer to question 5 above.
In addition, Member Benefits:
- may only be earned and used for personal and household use. You may not earn or use Member Benefits for any commercial purpose (which includes not-for-profit association purposes);
- are personal to you and, unless we notify you otherwise, cannot be transferred to anyone else; and
- cannot be exchanged or refunded except as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions.
My Dan’s cards are issued by Dan Murphy’s and remain the property of Dan Murphy’s.
15. What are Dan Murphy’s rights in relation to My Dan’s membership?
Dan Murphy’s may refuse your application for a My Dan’s membership for any reason.
Dan Murphy’s may further specify exclusions and conditions (for example qualifying spend and offer duration) for any Member Benefits and we may change these from time to time, including during the duration of a Member Benefit offer.
Dan Murphy’s may reverse (i.e. debit) any Member Benefits which have been allocated (i.e. credited) to you if:
- you have returned the goods or you have been refunded for the goods in respect of which those Member Benefits were earned; or
- there are any other grounds which we consider, in our reasonable discretion, justify a reversal (for instance, if the Member Benefits were allocated to you by mistake (including by reason of our error) or if you earned them by misusing an offer, or through fraudulent means).
Dan Murphy’s reserves the right at any time without notice to:
- decline to issue, withdraw or cancel My Dan’s cards;
- reverse any Member Benefits;
- cancel or terminate your My Dan’s membership; or
- terminate the My Dan’s program.
Grounds for doing any of the above includes if you (or someone using your My Dan’s card or account details):
- abuse, misuse or attempt to abuse or misuse your My Dan’s membership, your My Dan’s card, the My Dan’s program, any offers for Member Benefits or anything else associated with Dan Murphy’s;
- do anything that is contrary to these Terms and Conditions;
- fraudulently accumulate Member Benefits;
- use or attempt to use your My Dan’s card or any Member Benefits, for purchases made by a person other than you, the cardholder;
- engage in unacceptable conduct in connection with your My Dan’s membership, which will be deemed to include if Dan Murphy’s has a reasonable suspicion of conduct by you which amounts to dishonesty, fraud or wrongful conduct;
- become bankrupt or die; or
- have not scanned your card at Dan Murphy’s or shopped Online (where your card has been added to your Online account) at any time during a continuous 18 month period.
Any tampering with or defacing of or unauthorised use of a My Dan’s card will render the card invalid.
You agree that, except to the extent that these Terms and Conditions expressly provide otherwise, Dan Murphy’s does not need to notify you in advance or give you any reasons, with regard to any action we take concerning your My Dan’s membership.
16. What is Dan Murphy’s liability in relation to the My Dan’s membership and the My Dan’s program?
You acknowledge and agree that there may be:
- delay in issuing you with, or non-issue to you of, any Member Benefits;
- delay in or non-replacement of a lost, stolen or damaged My Dan’s card;
- acts, errors or omissions by us in the course of providing Member Benefits (including as referred to in these Terms and Conditions);
- loss, theft or damage to any documentation in the course of the posting or delivery of that documentation to you; or
- a suspension and/or termination of the My Dan’s program,
and, to the maximum extent permitted by law (and provided that nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits your rights under the Australian Consumer Law), Dan Murphy’s will not be liable to you in any way for any cause in connection with such matters, including for any unused Member Benefits at the time of termination of your membership.
You agree that any comments, suggestions or recommendations you may receive from Dan Murphy’s or others as part of Member Benefits may not be suitable, accurate or complete and you must not rely on them in a way which may give rise to any loss or damage. If you intend to rely on anything in connection with the My Dan’s program, your reliance should be based solely on your own judgement, including as to the extent to which you should obtain or use any Member Benefits.
Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- to cancel your service contract with us; and
- to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.
You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods. If a failure with the goods or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund of any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
17. Who do I contact if I have a complaint, question or feedback?
If you have a complaint, question or feedback regarding the My Dan’s program, please contact us. You can do this by calling the My Dan’s contact centre on 1300 723 388 or by contacting us via the "Contact Us" page of our website.
Last updated: July 18, 2019