- Drinking affects different people in different ways. Your age, sex, weight and various other factors contribute to your ability to consume alcohol responsibly.
- If you are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant you should consider not drinking alcohol at all.
- The alcohol content of drinks is measured in units.
- It's the strength and size of a drink that determines how many units it has.
- The responsible way to keep track of your alcohol consumption is to count units.
View the general guideline on standard alcohol content below in different alcoholic beverages. However, you should always check the product label on the beverage you are consuming. This is ONLY a guide, the effects of alcohol will vary from person to person.
Acknowledged by the department of health and ageing. Copyright Commonwealth of Australia reproduced by permission.