"I beat all my competitors every month, every week, every day, every hour, on every price, on every product, on every bottle..." - Dan Murphy, October 1995
That was the promise Dan Murphy himself made and it's still our policy today. With a team devoted to proactively checking competitors' prices daily, we endeavour to ensure that when we open our doors, the liquor prices you see are the lowest.
The retail landscape has changed a lot since Mr. Dan Murphy first promised to beat all his competitors’ prices in 1995. Today, Dan Murphy’s understands that our customers shop in lots of different ways. So whether it’s within a physical store, on a retailer’s website or on a third party delivery platform, we endeavour to ensure that Dan Murphy’s has the lowest prices on that specific mode of shopping.
We do this by checking our competitors’ instore prices and beating those prices in our physical stores. We also check our competitors’ websites and beat those prices on our website and all prices on Uber Eats and beat those prices on our Uber Eats store. (NB. Uber Eats is currently only available in selected areas in Victoria.)
If a competitor's price does slip by us, please let us know and we'll beat it on the spot. Simply show us proof of the competitor’s advertised price of the identical and stocked product at the time of purchase instore or call our Customer Care Centre for any online or Uber Eats purchases. Proof may include a screenshot of the competitor’s advertisement or the original voucher or coupon (we don’t accept copies)
Please note that:
- Dan Murphy’s only beats identically stocked and available products that are advertised: 1. within a 10 kilometre radius of your physical store, 2. by Australian online retailers, or 3. on the competitor’s Uber Eats store that delivers to the same area as our Uber Eats store;
- Dan Murphy’s has the right to limit purchases to exclude commercial quantities (determined at our reasonable discretion);
- This policy does not apply to overseas online and duty-free retailers, liquidation or clearance sales; and
- Dan Murphy’s is unable to adjust its prices on the Uber Eats store based on competitor’s instore or online prices.
The Dan Murphy’s Online Store
Our online store shows national online prices which are updated each morning as part of the Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. As local in-store prices will vary on a store by store basis, please Set Your Store to see the most accurate price and product availability for you.
Please be aware that Minimum Floor Pricing is applicable in the Northern Territory and the final price of products may change upon checkout.
If you do not set your store when placing an online order, the product price is:
- determined by the price of the store closest to your delivery destination; or
- if there is no store close by, the national online price.
For Pick up orders, the online store will show the product price of the Pick Up store.
Container Deposit Scheme
Please note that some States or Territories use a Container Deposit Scheme which will affect the price of certain products. Therefore, our prices may vary between States and Territories. Please Set Your Store to see the most accurate prices. Should you have any questions, please see Container Deposit Schemes for more information, including how to obtain your refund.